Thursday, February 12, 2009

They are out there.

For those of you who ask the questions on where all of our young leaders have gone? I will tell you that they are out there. We have to engage and hear the dreams that they have inside of them. For those of us who grew up in church and felt like the call of God only meant one thing and that was to preach, we have to start realizing it will not look like that in the move this generation of young leaders is apart of. In some study the other day an author made a powerful quote that I have used often. He said " We don't need just another great preacher, we need great leaders who will share their story". As we set down in Cali last week to interview Megan (16). We made the remark that she looked like she was 12. She said " I know, I get that right now because I am fasting make-up so that I focus on my inner beauty and not my outer beauty. She went on to say " I take the time that I would put make up on and straighten my hair to read my bible and pray in the mornings". Needless to say I was extremely INSPIRED and have told Megans story over and over since. Leaders - They are out there!!

No comments:

Post a Comment