Thursday, November 5, 2009

So my daughter is getting to march in the Rose Bowl this year with her band.

I went to watch her show last night at the high school football playoffs. We were there with our youth ministry team, we had coffee, chili dogs, popcorn, we were all bundled up having a great time.

There is a tragic part to this happy moment.

Our topic of conversation throughout the evening was the fact that we had three all-state players that are suspended for the season because they got busted at a party drinking. I applaud our coach and his stand as we have a championship caliber team, and I hope they have learned a lesson for their choice.

Before the game we had a great devotion and the word “paths” came up. Wow, I pray that these guys realize that GOD is fighting for us and wants us to do the right thing, choose the right path to walk down, and choose the right crowd to hang around.

I pray for Godly students to find these players and love them and give them options to walk a new path.

When the path is dark, and you are having trouble finding your way, remember HE is a lamp unto our feet and a light for our path.

Be a GOD lover.

Jeremiah 20:11 But God, a most fierce warrior is at my side.

No comments:

Post a Comment