Tuesday, January 19, 2010

ILD Encounter/Next Gen

What a Life changing weekend we experienced at our Midwest/East Encounter in Rolla, Mo. I got to seek God through Heart felt worship. I got to open my heart to what his word would say to me through inspiring, motivational speakers and I got to network and connect with other leaders.
This morning we were evaluating the weekend and what it meant to us and having the advantage of doing some things that we missed at this Encounter for our west coast Encounter. As a denominational leader in the Pentecostal Church of God I recognized that this weekend was a moment that may be felt more in the future than the present. What brings me to this conclusion. I feel like we connected with the HEART & SOUL of next gen leaders. I know we all have a different perception of what next gen is. Hearing the phrase next gen can be like hearing an over-played song on the radio. While you love it at first after a while you just turn it off. Sitting in our creative room and talking about this weekend we decided that this would be our team position for next gen. After reading the statement below let us know how you define Next Gen?

  • Next Gen is not an age group, but a mentality and commitment to succession leadership.
Your next assignment: If you attended the ILD ENCOUNTER in Rolla, please let us know about your God moments from that weekend and what you loved. Also tell us what would be helpful to you as a leader coming out of a weekend experience like this?

3 comments:

  1. The midwest/east-coast encounter was a very inspirational weekend for me as a leader. The atmosphere was "charged"...the passion level was high...and the "God moments" where simply overwhelming. I was challenged. I was inspired. I was encouraged.

    ReplyDelete
  2. After months of running on the ground full force, the Encounter weekend was a pivotal and critical spiritual moment not just in the lives of our ILD interns, but in our own journey with Christ as well. We were refocused, reenergized, refreshed, and challenged to live a reckless life of faith and abandonment to Jesus Christ. The Encounter was a prime opportunity for the Spirit of God to open our spiritual eyes, minds and ears to his GLOBAL KINGDOM purpose. We feel launched into 2010, ready to dream bigger, live bigger, and birth forth next gen leaders!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was so convicted in just calling this a "conference," for it was much more than that. It was an ENCOUNTER of a lifetime. Those who missed it do not know what they missed. To see what God is doing in the PCG through LEADERS is so refreshing. Words cannot describe the passion and the fire this past weekend. West Coasters: BE THERE!

    ReplyDelete