Friday, February 26, 2010

God Is







A couple of weeks ago we were in New York City. We connected with new friends from Times Square Church. A really cool campaign they have started to reach their community called GOD IS. I have not stopped thinking about it since I saw it on the subway. It is a cool logo but more importantly is the substance of those two words. God Is... You fill in the rest. You can go and see their initiative at http://www.tscnyc.org/. As a preacher I can go off on who God is. He is my ever present help in the time of trouble, he is my comforter, he is my strong tower, he is my refuge, he is my hiding place, he is my provider, he is my healer... Ok, it is 5:45 am as i am writing this and I am getting goose bumps about who God is to me so now it is your turn to tell about who God Is to you. Here is a pic of our friends and of the add in all of the subway's in New York.

1 comment:

  1. this was an INCREDIBLE church, that is TRULY reaching it's community....right in the HEART of NYC. The "God is" campaign was very inspiring and was igniting conversations ALL OVER the city.

    imagine...the person riding the subway in NY: tired, depressed, at the end of there rope & they look up and see the "God is" sign...

    what are we doing to reach our communities to step out & let our communities know who God is?

    ReplyDelete