Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Impact Wisconsin



One reason that I recommend ANYONE for going on a Mission trip is one simple word: PERSPECTIVE. This PERSPECTIVE rocked my world the first time I served at a Special Needs camp as a young teenager. My life has never been the same. Year after year I found myself returning, again and again and again, to serve people that I had intended to “help” but in all reality THEY had “helped me”.

PERSPECTIVE. When does it happen? Maybe when you take someone swimming who has NEVER entered the water because of their disability. Perhaps it occurs when you take a physically disabled person rafting, rock climbing, or horseback riding, something they NEVER deemed possible. Possibly it happens as you help someone accomplish a simple task like tying a shoe that you typically take for granted every day. Or just maybe it happens when you experience (believe me it IS an experience) a service filled with special needs people worshipping with all their heart & soul. The bottom line is that after a week of serving a group of people who are often looked over by our society, your life is changed. PERSPECTIVE.

There are now 50 million Americans with disabilities, and many of those are NOT a part of any church. We have an unreached people group in our own back yard, and one thing you will learn from this trip is that while there ARE many disabled people, there are NO disabled SOULS.

Come experience an amazing week with us, serving a people group that is ready for an IMPACT!

Impact Wisconsin June 26th -July 2nd

No comments:

Post a Comment