Saturday, August 5, 2017

Impact Intern Spotlight: Keaton Row


Keaton is a 17 year old from Indiana. He is a
first year intern with Impact Ministries.
Keaton's nickname is "Gingersnap", he loves
jazz music, and loves playing with babies.
 
From David to Enoch
 
David. He was a king of Israel, a warrior, a musician, and a man after God's own heart. At a young age, I was prayed over to have the spirit of David. A man who pursues God and is a leader.


I always struggled with this call. I would hang out with my friends often feeling like the "dad" of the friend group. I started to put fitting in as my main priority over God and walking in the Spirit. Camp was always my lifesaver. I would go to camp and get close with God. It was my yearly transformation but my camp experience didn't satisfy my spiritual walk for the entire year. Therefore, I quickly realized the importance of walking with the Spirit daily.


Church camp has made a huge impact on my life and the moment I had the opportunity to serve at my kids camp I took it. The Impact Team came to my church camp and at first I was skeptical. However, I quickly became close friends with the interns and admired their servant heartedness. After camp, I knew I wanted to do the internship myself. What made it even better was that my close friends from Indiana wanted to join as well.


I have to admit I was far out of my comfort zone this summer. We had to learn dances for kids and let's just say I can't dance like David did... I had to be a kids counselor which tested my patience, and I even had to dress up like Superman. It was hard to step away from my comfort zone in those aspects, but I did it and it was the best feeling ever.


During teen camp, I was able to play bass guitar on the worship team. It is an indescribable feeling to lead in worship. You are able to witness youth's lives being changed by the power of God. This summer, I believe confirmed a call I have to ministry, specifically Youth ministry. I would love to be a District Youth Director one day and continue to be a leader for the glory of God.


I have gone outside of my comfort zone in ways and grown as a leader throughout the course of this internship. Being called to be a leader like David is an honor: he was a king, warrior, a legend… But I have also come to realize the importance of being in the background of ministry. The story of Enoch has really touched me this summer. The Bible doesn’t talk about Enoch a lot except that he walked with God. I am thankful for these two biblical examples of Godly men and I hope to follow in their footsteps in ministry.

No comments:

Post a Comment