Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Impact Minnesota Day 2 (5/31/10)




After orientation this morning, we waited in our rooms with our other caregivers to finally meet our guests face to face. Lexi, being a caregiver in training (CIT), was assigned a caregiver to serve under for the week. She was so excited to get to meet her guests as well for the first time! You could feel the excitement in the guests when they first arrived. Several went from room to room greeting people with hugs and smiles, just like we were old friends (which for those who have been coming for many years here was the case indeed!!). My guests name is Cheryl! Some of our shared interests are reading, singing, and coffee!! I love this girl already!! :)

Lexi says that her guests are so sweet and LOTS OF FUN!! She also says that the other caregivers & CIT's are amazing, always smiling and making sure their guests are given the best care. I was also made aware today that I apparently have a fair bit of a SOUTHERN MISSOURI accent!! I was made fun of at least 4 times by not only my fellow caregivers, but by my own guest as well!! Feelin' the love!!!

Lexi's highlight of the day was when a guest name Rosie gave her a homemade necklace as a gift, and another guest named Tammy said that she was a, "sweetheart and a good person!". I am so proud of Lexi, I have been watching her tackle a lot of responsibility, such as learning to transfer guests. She has fondly been given the title of "MVP" from her team leader for all of her hard work just on the first day!!

The night service was AMAZING as they always are!! One guest I hadn't met yet came up to me during worship & grabbed ahold of my hand & put her head on my shoulder. She would raise her hand and sing when I did.

What an incredible first full day at Special Touch Camp (Minnesota)!

(Katie VonAllmen)

No comments:

Post a Comment