Thursday, July 20, 2017

Impact Intern Spotlight: Hayden Row


Hayden is a 15 year old from Indiana. She is energetic and loves
to goof around with others. Hayden is terrified of frogs, loves chicken
 nuggets, and enjoys meeting new people.
 
A New Experience
 
I had one week with a team of people who I knew would change my life greatly. The Impact team has come to 8mile camp a total of two times, but this past year I was able to connect and understand how this internship changes so many parts of your person.

I anticipated this internship this entire last year. I couldn’t wait to travel and serve children all over the country. I really wanted to experience ministry in new environments and I think I have accomplished this goal fully. The internship has been amazing! We spent many hours in the van, but it was a great time to bond with people from all over the country. The Grand Canyon would have to be one of my favorite stops on our trip. It was so peaceful and calming. You would truly stand in awe at the glory of God. Overall, I have been amazed at the things I have seen on this internship and the places we have traveled. The world is definitely bigger than Indiana and I feel privileged to see a part of it.

Throughout this internship, God has taught me a lot. I now recognize my flaws and have found successful ways to get better. I have also learned how to deal with conflict. We are 14 people who live together for 50 days… Let’s just say, we have our ups and downs. Throughout the summer, I have learned how to confront people if a disagreement starts and catch a conflict before it gets out of hand.

The people on this internship have impacted my life greatly in many ways. It is incredible to think that 14 strangers from all over the country can pour into teens and kids and show them the love of Christ as a united front.

My favorite part of this internship has been the altar time. The little kids will timidly come up to you and ask for prayer. When they ask for prayer they ask for the big and the small. Child-like faith is definitely a real thing and I wish more people had it. I have loved serving little kids. I have realized my passion for kids. While I am still not sure what my calling is, I believe kids will be involved. Whether I am a teacher or minister, children will always be a sweet spot in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment