Saturday, July 15, 2017

Impact Intern Spotlight: Michaela Dove


Michaela is a sophomore at Emmanuel College and originally from Virginia.
She loves playing the bass guitar and running the sound booth.
She is very persistent! One year at camp, she tore her ACL and went weeks
without telling anyone...  
 
Patiently Waiting
 
“But if we hope for what we do not yet have, we wait for it patiently.” Proverbs 16:32
I prayed and waited on the Lord. Five years ago, I started my journey of prayer over this internship but it was never the right time… until this summer. I worked with Fiona at various camps when she served as the DYD of Mid-Atlantic Coast District. I was sad to see her leave her position to serve Impact Ministries and Messenger College, but I knew the Lord’s calling was strong. I have been blessed to serve with her once again this summer.
My love for children stemmed from my mother. She worked as a daycare teacher and I always admired her heart. Even from a young age, I could feel the Lord growing my heart for ministry and I quickly began to get involved in everything in church from worship ministry to youth ministry to children’s ministry. As I continued to volunteer in ministry, I began to sense a deeper calling than I ever imagined. This calling led me to study at Emmanuel College in Georgia. The decision to move away from Virginia was hard, but I knew it was exactly what the Lord wanted. I fought all summer after my senior year to find other options but in the end, Emmanuel College was the place I needed to be. Since being there, I have been stretched much more than I could imagine and have had an overwhelming peace that I know this is where the Lord wants to be right now.
Growing up, going to camp was my favorite part of the summer. When I was given the opportunity to serve with the Impact team this summer, I couldn’t think of a better way to spend my time than by going from camp to camp bringing the same experience I have had the privilege to experience for so many years to kids who may have never even heard the Gospel before.
Overall, I have been more influenced by being a part of this team than I could ever imagine. Although I expected to be pushed in ministry in new ways, there have been many experiences that have stretched my character in ways I didn’t know I could be stretched! Most of all, I appreciate the people who have surrounded me and supported me throughout this journey. I have enjoyed every second of this trip and love every new friend I have made along the way. By far, the time I waited to be a part of this team was well worth it.


No comments:

Post a Comment