Tuesday, July 18, 2017

Impact Intern Spotlight: Tyler Price

Tyler is a third year intern with Impact Ministries. He is a senior at Messenger
College with a major in worship ministry. Tyler loves to play guitar and collecting
guitar pedals. His favorite activity is to impersonate the Grinch.
 
Career Intern

When it comes to this internship, you could say I’ve been around the block a time or two. I have been interning with Impact Student Ministries for three years now. I have people who automatically assume that I will be at their camp the following year, because of how many times I’ve done this internship and the passion that I have for it. This internship has become a part of who I am. It has shaped me and grown me in ways that I never thought I’d experience. Throughout the course of my “career” as an intern, I have witnessed and seen things that, I can’t even begin to put into words. Hearts have been mended, bodies have been healed, minds have been restored, all from God working through my fellow interns and myself. Now, please don’t take this as me saying that it was all us and we have that power, that’s not it at all. The fact is, is that before we leave every summer, we take time that is devoted to growing in Christ, together. We are always a very close and tight knit team. We take the time to devote ourselves to Christ and to put ourselves into a monster and an atmosphere of constant living and worshiping Christ. Because of this, God has used us, as a team, to further grow and develop his kingdom. 

Now, before I did this internship 3 years ago, I had never done anything like it. I had no idea what to expect. I knew that there was a worship team and they needed a guitar player. But, I had no idea that I was going to have to dance and do kids ministry. A small tidbit about myself, I can keep time musically with the best of them, but you ask me to move my feet and shake my hips, all that rhythm goes right out the door. I couldn’t dance to save my life. I still can’t! But, I can’t tell you the intimacy I felt with God when I did those dances. Were they tiring, yes. Were they hard, yes. But, it helped me to realized that there’s not just one way we can worship God. As a guitar player, worship is something I am very passionate about. It’s my calling in ministry and it’s how I express my love for Christ. 

This year I actually have the opportunity to sing and lead worship at the camps. This is the day I’ve been waiting for since God called me into the ministry in 2012. Leading worship is my passion and it’s everything that I’ve ever wanted to do. And it was made possible, because of this internship. God has opened up so many doors and opportunities in my life. I’ve had the chance to see, hear and do things that I would have never been able to do, had I just stayed in the sweet state of Texas. (How bout them Boys?!) but seriously, God has called each and everyone of us to a higher calling, to go out to ALL the nations. Not just the four walls of our local church, or even the city limits. Gods words needs to be shared with everyone, everyday, everywhere. This internship has allowed me to fulfill my calling that God has placed on my life, which is to show his love, grace and mercy. God has already done so much over the past three years, I can’t wait to see what he has in store next!

No comments:

Post a Comment